Cape Henry 2020 China Seminar
Cape Henry 2020 Program Highlights
- Explore Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Walk along The Great Wall of China
- Discover the famous Wangfujing commercial and shopping district
- Hike Chuan Mountain and enjoy Guilin’s spectacular karst mountain scenery
- Engage daily with a variety of Chinese peers and local community members
- Explore a Buddhist monastery built into the side of a karst mountain, and participate in a Q&A with a local monk
- Hike through the famed Dragonback Rice Terraces of Longsheng, and learn about the minority communities of the region
Program Start:Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Program End:Monday, June 15, 2020
Primary Trip Segments
Beijing:In Beijing, students will be introduced to China’s cultural heritage in the Middle Kingdom’s capital city.
Guilin:Students will engage in cultural activities throughout the community in Guilin, a picturesque southern Chinese city famed for its storybook rivers and mountains.
Longsheng:Students will see the famed rice terraces of China and learn about minority communities during a visit to Longsheng.
Trip duration:14 days of study and travel
Pre-Departure To-Do ListPlease complete each of the following steps in preparation for your China Seminar. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime by phone at 888-781-8383 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CLI’s Student Information Form
Complete CLI’s Student Info Form by Friday, February 14, 2020. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your passport. Your program is titled “Cape Henry 2020”.
- Secure your passport and visa
Thoroughly review your Chinese Visa Application Guide and submit all required application items to your faculty leader by Friday, March 27, 2020.
- Complete CLI’s Dietary Restrictions and Medical Allergies Form
Please complete our dietary restrictions and medical allergies form by Friday, May 1, 2020. It’s important that your travel logistics providers have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations of which we should be aware. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- Explore CLI’s list of online learning resources
A great selection of free Mandarin learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the resources overviewed on CLI’s Chinese Learning Resources page.
- Review CLI’s Pre-Departure Packet for your China Seminar
In an effort to better prepare you for your time abroad, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet for your Seminar. Be sure to review all information carefully and contact CLI at email@example.com with any additional questions you may have.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that you familiarize yourself with relevant health and safety information.