Immersion Program To-Do List
Please complete each of the following steps in preparation for your Immersion Program. As always, feel free to contact CLI anytime at 888-781-8383 or email CLI’s Admissions Manager, Tania Yeromiyan, at email@example.com.
- Secure your space in CLI’s Immersion Program
- Obtain your Chinese visaPlease complete CLI’s Invitation Letter Form at your earliest convenience. Per the Chinese Consulate’s guidance, please apply for your visa within 30-60 days of your departure to China. In other words, do not apply for your Chinese visa more than 60 days prior to — or within 30 days of — your departure to China. Please also inquire with our Admissions Manager for more information regarding long-term visas. Visa fees are not included in CLI tuition.
- Complete CLI’s Flight Information FormIncluded in your program tuition, CLI provides all students with airport pick-up and drop-off. In order for us to greet you at the airport, please complete CLI’s flight form at least two weeks prior to your program start date. Please plan to arrive in Guilin the Saturday or Sunday prior to your first day of classes. CLI’s orientation program will be held Monday morning. From early September through April, if a guest room is available, you can reside in CLI housing prior to the Saturday (before your classwork begins) for an additional 100 RMB per night.
- Review your Pre-Departure PacketIn an effort to better prepare you for your stay in Guilin, CLI has put together this detailed pre-departure packet. Please review all information carefully and contact CLI at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions that you may have.
- Submit your program tuition
- Tell Us Your Chinese Story!We want to hear about your experience learning Chinese and your goals for the future. Prior to your arrival in Guilin, please complete this pre-departure questionnaire. Use Chinese to answer these questions to the best of your ability. If you are just beginning to learn Chinese, feel free to use English!
- Complete CLI’s Medical and Dietary Restrictions FormComplete our medical and dietary restrictions form upon reading this prompt. It’s important that we have access to information regarding any medical allergies you may have or other medical considerations we should be aware of. Please also use this opportunity to inform us of your dietary restrictions (if any).
- (Homestay students only) Complete CLI’s Homestay Introduction Form for your homestay familyWithin one week of submitting your CLI program deposit, please complete this basic Homestay Introduction Form for your homestay family. Your CLI homestay family is curious to learn basic information about their guests and is excited to meet you in Guilin soon!
- (Homestay students only) Complete CLI’s Health Certificate Form for your homestay familyAs a student living with one of CLI’s homestay families, you are required to obtain a health certificate from your doctor stating that you are fit for international travel. Many of our Chinese families are curious about their new guests and ask CLI for this information before your arrival. The health certificate can be informal. Your doctor may complete CLI’s Health Form, or he/she may use their own form. Please upload your completed and signed form to our health certificate webpage at least two weeks prior to your program’s start date. If you will not be living in a homestay, you may skip this step.
- Review CLI’s list of Online Learning ResourcesA great selection of free Mandarin learning resources is available online. Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with each of the resources mentioned in CLI’s online learning resources list.
- Review important travel informationMake sure you have thoroughly reviewed health and safety information from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department well in advance of your departure to China. The State Department highlights that “China remains a very safe country” for most travelers. That said, when traveling to any foreign country, it is important that each student familiarize themselves with relevant health and safety information.