Join CLI and learn Chinese with your personal team of Mandarin teachers online or in person at the CLI Center in Guilin, China.
Learning Mandarin is a journey in which a student's evolution continually occurs across a spectrum of skills — e.g. listening, speaking, reading, writing, cultural understanding, etc. This post is focused on two of those skills: speaking and listening.
We have compiled a list of 12 videos from Mandarin HQ (an excellent, free resource for Mandarin videos) designed to draw attention to the unique sounds and accents of Mandarin while also providing a study resource containing the vocabulary and phrases of many common daily activities.
So warm up some tea, put on your headphones and enjoy ever step of your Mandarin learning journey.
Top 12 Videos to Improve Your Mandarin
1. The Sounds Of "Southern Accented" Mandarin Chinese
2. Mandarin Chinese Accent Challenge: "North or South?"
3. How to Recognize and Pronounce The 4+1 Tones of Mandarin Chinese
4. Ordering Chinese street food like a local in Mandarin Chinese
5. Talking about hobbies in Mandarin Chinese
6. How to ask for the restaurant bill in China
7. Why do so many Chinese girls use umbrellas when it's sunny?